Dentistry is constantly changing for the better. New developments in technology and materials give us opportunities to provide safer, more efficient dental treatments.
At Dominion Dental Spa, we are equipped with the latest dental technology. We use this technology to make your dental experiences as comfortable and quick as possible. Advanced technology gives us more information about the state of your smile. This allows us to give you the best possible treatment options for your specific concerns.
- iTero Element intraoral scanner – Three-dimensional intraoral scanning has taken the place of traditional gooey dental impressions! Now we can capture an exact digital replica of your teeth and the way they bite together with the iTero scanner. This technology uses 3D spatial technology to knit together thousands of tiny photos in order to create a digital model that is accurate and detailed.
This is great for patients who:
- Have a strong gag reflex
- Have difficulty opening their mouths for long periods of time
- Feel claustrophobic
- Intraoral camera – A picture is worth a thousand words! Intraoral cameras are indispensable in today’s practice of dentistry. This technology allows us to take a close-up photo of small details in your mouth. We are able to show you signs of cavities, tooth fractures, gum disease, teeth grinding, and soft tissue disorders. At Dominion Dental Spa, our relationships are based on trust. We are committed to building that trust by educating all of our patients about the state of their smiles. We believe that your ability to see the areas of concern is a vital part of that education.
- Digital X-Rays – Dental x-rays are essential in accurate diagnosis and early detection of dental problems. New digital x-ray technology makes x-rays safer than ever before. Digital x-rays require less radiation and give more information. Your dentist is able to zoom in, change contrast, and increase the definition of an image without any additional exposure to the patient. They are also much faster to process, which reduces the time you spend in the dental chair!
- Electrical Handpiece (drill) – We are fully aware that no one likes the sound and/or feel of a dental drill. In order to reduce the anxiety from the sounds and feels of dental treatment, we use electrical dental handpieces for our procedures. Electrical handpieces make your experience more comfortable in three ways:
- They do not produce the same high-pitched sound of traditional dental drills. Electrical handpieces are much quieter.
- They work faster, so you can spend less time in the dental chair.
- Electrical hand pieces produce less vibration, so you do not feel as much movement or shaking while the work is being completed.